Popular property highlights
Located in South Loop, Congress Plaza Hotel is next to popular attractions like Columbia College Chicago and Museum of Contemporary Photography. This 3-star hotel has 870 rooms and welcomes guests with 2 restaurants, free in-room WiFi, and a fitness center. Centrally located in Chicago, the hotel is also a short walk from Auditorium Building and Theatre and Fine Arts Building.
This hotel is home to 2 onsite restaurants, perfect for a quick bite to eat. Savor a meal from the privacy of your room with room service, or get a pick-me-up at the coffee shop/café. For your convenience, a full breakfast is available for a fee.
All 870 air-conditioned rooms feature coffee makers, safes, and phones. TVs come with cable channels, and guests can stay connected with free WiFi and wired Internet. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries. Ironing boards and desks are also standard.
Guests of Congress Plaza Hotel enjoy a fitness center, free WiFi in public areas, and 20 meeting rooms. Valet parking is available for USD 44 per day. Multilingual staff at the front desk are standing by 24/7 to help with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Additional amenities include conference space, a business center, and express check-in.
- Walking distance to Art Institute of Chicago and Millennium Park
- Free WiFi and wired Internet in rooms and public areas
- Onsite dining
- Fitness center
Congress Plaza Hotel
Across the street from Grant Park, this downtown Chicago hotel was originally built in 1893 to accommodate visitors to the World's Columbian Exposition. The hotel offers 2 restaurants, a lounge, gift shop, and barber shop. 25 meeting rooms cover nearly 50,000 square feet (about 4,600 square meters) of function space, including a ballroom for groups of up to 2,000. The hotel's Gold Room, currently used for banquets and other formal events, has a vaulted ceiling, chandeliers, and gold-leaf trim. Wired and wireless Internet access is available throughout the property, free of charge.
- Meeting rooms 20
- Conference space
- Total number of rooms - 870
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 14
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1893
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge services
- Fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Express check-in
- Business center
- Luggage storage
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 50000
- Conference space size (meters) - 4645
- Number of meeting rooms - 20
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Room service (limited hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Gazebo Restaurant - Casual ambience, American cuisine. Open for breakfast and lunch.
Rafael Steak House - Serving Midwestern cuisine. Open late afternoon through late evening for dinner only.
Congress Lounge - Located just off the lobby. Cocktails, beer, wine, and light fare. Open daily.
Nearby Things to Do
A fitness center on the lower level of the Congress Plaza Hotel is open 24 hours a day.
Guests can run, walk, bicycle, or skate on a path that runs along Lake Michigan for 20 miles. It's accessed via Grant Park, across the street from the hotel. Bikes, in-line skates, and pedal-powered buggies can be rented at several beachfront locations. During the summer, Oak Street Beach, about two miles north, is a popular swimming spot when lifeguards are on duty. Canoeing, kayaking, and rowing equipment is available for rent at the Lincoln Park Boathouse, four miles north of the hotel. A public golf course is located six miles north.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Deposit: USD 25.00 per night
- Breakfast fee: between USD 16 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 39 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 44 per day (in/out privileges)
- Early check-in fee: USD 49.00
- Late check-out fee: USD 59.00
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per night
- Congress Hotel
- Congress Hotel Plaza
- Congress Plaza
- Congress Plaza Chicago
- Congress Plaza Hotel
- Congress Plaza Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Congress Plaza
- Plaza Congress Hotel
- Congress Hotel Chicago
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.