Located in Midtown, Hotel Mela Times Square is adjacent to Broadway and within a 5-minute walk of other popular sights like Times Square. This 232-room, 4-star hotel welcomes guests with conveniences like a restaurant, a bar/lounge, and a 24-hour fitness center. Centrally located in New York, the hotel is also a short walk from Rockefeller Center and Macy's.
In addition to a meal at the onsite restaurant, you can also enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Satisfy your hunger from the comfort of your room with room service. Start your day off with cooked-to-order breakfast, available for a fee.
Hotel Mela Times Square's 232 rooms are air-conditioned and provide coffee makers, laptop-compatible safes, and ironing boards. 32-inch LCD TVs are available for entertainment, and guests can stay connected with WiFi. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and designer toiletries, and beds are dressed in Egyptian cotton sheets.
Hotel Mela Times Square features a 24-hour fitness center, WiFi in public areas, and a meeting room. Valet parking is available for USD 55.00 per night. The front desk has multilingual staff on hand 24/7 to help with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Additional amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out.
- Walking distance to Broadway and Times Square
- Onsite dining
- 24-hour fitness center
- WiFi in rooms and public areas (fees apply)
Hotel Mela Times Square
This Midtown New York hotel is in the heart of the Broadway Theater District and a half-block from the dazzle and excitement of Times Square. Fifth Avenue, Rockefeller Center, the Top of the Rock observation deck, and Grand Central Terminal are among the many popular destinations within four blocks. Major subway stops are within two blocks of Hotel Mela.
Relatively small by New York standards, Hotel Mela offers friendly, personalized service in a contemporary setting. In addition to wireless Internet access throughout guestrooms and public areas, amenities include a concierge desk, business services, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bistro serving French fare.
Valet parking is available in a secure garage.
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Business center
- Total number of rooms - 232
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting room
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 16
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1933
- Smoke-free property
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Laundry facilities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 0 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 0 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- LCD TV
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- Coffee/tea maker
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Room service (limited hours)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Saju - French bistro.
There are many dining options within the surrounding area.
DB Bistro Moderne
Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's 24-hour fitness center, located on the second floor, includes cardio machines, free weights, resistance equipment, a plasma TV, and complimentary energy drinks.
Central Park, 0.75 mile from this Midtown hotel, encompasses 843 acres of meadows, woods, cliffs, ravines, gardens, paths, and lakes in an emerald setting. Popular walking and running routes include Central Park Drive (closed to traffic during scheduled hours) and the path around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir. The Loeb Boathouse, on a picturesque lake, offers rowboat and bicycle rentals. With the famous Christmas tree sparkling above it, the Rink at Rockefeller Plaza—5 blocks from the hotel—is a special treat during the winter holidays.
The recreational activities listed below are available at Hotel Mela or nearby; fees may apply.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 16 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 150.00 per pet, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 150 per stay
- Up to 40 lb
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Deposit: USD 50.00 per night
- Resort fee: USD 27.22 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- Additional inclusions
- Breakfast fee: between USD 16 and USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 0 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 0 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 45.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 55.00 per night
- Pet deposit: USD 150 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 150.00 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.00 per night
- Facilities fee: USD 25 per accommodation, per night and includes use of:
- Hotel Mela
- Hotel Mela New York
- Mela Hotel
- Mela New York
- Mela Hotel New York City
- Hotel Mela Times Square
- Mela Times Square
We should mention
Up to 2 children 16 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.