Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with LCD TVs, room service (during limited hours) and coffee/tea makers
- Free WiFi
- Options for a bite to eat or a relaxing drink include a restaurant, a coffee shop and a bar/lounge
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Valet parking available for a fee
- Take a swim in the outdoor pool
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre
- Guests speak favourably about the family-friendly amenities and the comfortable guestrooms
- Just a 4-minute walk from Central Park and 8 minutes on foot from Columbus Circle
The Watson Hotel ratings based on 16 verified reviews
Guest reviews for The Watson Hotel
12 Jan 2018 by Vanessa
Hayley, Thank you so much for this fantastic review. We are so humbled by your kind words. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Kind regards, Vanessa
2 Dec 2017 by Michael
Dear Carpo, We greatly appreciate your review and recommendations. That's the best award we are aiming for. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Sincerely, Michael Melendez Guest Service Manager
Ticks all the boxes
3 Sep 2017 by Charlie
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our location. We hope you can visit us again in the near future. Best Regards Charles Argento Manager On Duty
Ticks all the boxes
30 Jun 2017 by Vanessa
Hi, Thank you for your comments. We are pleased you found our location ideal and our pool lovely. We do apologize that noise for the noise the cleaners make while cleaning. We hope you will come again. Kind regards.
Friendly stuff, good location
6 Mar 2017 by Michael
Dear Adam, Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon. Sincerely, Michael Melendez Guest Service Manager
12 Nov 2018 by janet
Thank you for choosing the Watson Hotel
Hyvä siisti hotelli lähellä metroasemaa
13 Aug 2018 by janet
Paula, Kiitos syötteestasi ja pysy Watsonissa.
29 Mar 2018 by Michael
cher Anonymous, C'est un plaisir de lire votre critique, et nous sommes reconnaissants que notre promesse d'hospitalité ait laissé une impression durable sur vous. Merci beaucoup de partager vos commentaires. Nous sommes très heureux que vous ayez aimé le service, l'emplacement et trouvé une bonne affaire pour vos vacances. Nous espérons que la prochaine fois que vous visiterez New York, vous pourrez nous donner une autre occasion de vous accueillir de nouveau. Cordialement, Michael Melendez Service client Mnager
Hôtel propre Manque de personnels parlant français
6 Mar 2018 by janet
Laure5969, Merci pour votre feed-back et rester à l'Hôtel Watson. Sincères amitiés Service clientèle
Edullinen hotelli hyvällä sijainnilla
1 Mar 2018 by Vanessa
Hei, Kiitos kommenteistasi. Näen, että olet fiksu ostaja. Kyllä, emme ole luksushotelli, eikä meillä ole luksusmaksuja. Meidän hinnat ovat edullisia, sijainti on ihanteellinen, huoneet ovat tilavia ja puhtaita. Kiitos käynnistä, tervetuloa uudestaan. Ystävällisin terveisin, Vanessa
About the The Watson HotelLocation 440 West 57th Street, New York, NY 10019-3013
The Watson Hotel offers its guests an outdoor pool and a fitness centre. Along with a restaurant, there's a coffee shop/café on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. WiFi is free in public spaces. Tour or ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and gift shops/news stands are also featured at the business-friendly The Watson Hotel. For a fee, parking is available. This 3.5-star New York hotel is smoke free.
- 591 guestrooms or units
- 18 levels
- 2 buildings
- Built in 1964
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Outdoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Fridge (on request)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia) (26.5 km / 16.4 mi)
- Train station: New York Penn Station (2.7 km / 1.7 mi)
- Metro station: 59 St. - Columbus Circle Station (0.6 km / 0.4 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
The Watson Hotel offers 591 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with coffee/tea makers and an iron/ironing board. 40-inch LCD televisions come with premium cable channels. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and fridges can be requested.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- LCD television
- Cable channels
- Premium channels
- Fridge available
- Coffee maker
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Air conditioning
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 11 AM.
The Watson Hotel has a restaurant on site.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool and a fitness centre.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at 1 AM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25.0 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
- No cots (infant beds) available
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A 4.5 per cent city/local tax will be charged
- Destination fee: USD 20 per accommodation, per night.
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 20.66 for adults and USD 20.66 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 52 per day
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.0 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
You should know
- The seasonal pool will open in May and close in September.
- Pool access available from 10 AM to 6 PM.