Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, LCD TVs and Egyptian cotton sheets
- Free WiFi
- Grab something to eat at the restaurant or stop for a drink at the bar/lounge
- Buffet breakfast offered for a fee
- Self-parking available for a fee
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre
- Guests like the accommodation for the spaciousness, overall comfort and low noise level
- Steps from 3Arena and 10 minutes on foot from The Convention Centre Dublin
The Gibson Hotel ratings based on 72 verified reviews
Guest reviews for The Gibson Hotel
7 Jan 2019 by Rebecca
Hi there, Many thanks for your email. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I have passed on your feedback to the team. If you could spare a moment to provide us with a trip advisor review we would really appreciate it so that others can see what we have to offer. Thanks again for your really lovely feedback and hopefully we see you soon.
27 Apr 2018 by Rebecca
Hi there, Thank you for your feedback Hopefully we see you again soon
Lovely hotel, opposite the 3arens
29 Nov 2017 by gibson hotel
Hi Lorimac, We always love to hear great feedback. Hope to see you soon!
Staff were greatl but not so the hotel....
14 Oct 2017 by Guest Relations Manager
Dear Anthony, I'm sorry to see that despite our faultless rooms, great staff and perfect location the gibson scored so lowly with you. In our experience we do find it necessary for ease of service and fairness to all our guests that queue management on show nights works best. It really helps us to speed up the service on busy nights and prevent customers getting upset when people skip the queue. I'm sorry that you felt there was no atmosphere despite the buzz around the lobby and bar but we really hope to welcome you back another time. Kind regards, Clare
Nice Hotel, but far from city
2 Apr 2017 by Clare- Guest Relations Manager
Hi Ronald, Thank you for reviewing your stay. Our breakfast is proved at €13 per person if booked in advance or €16 per person if you decide to have breakfast on the day. I am unsure how many were in your party so if this is something you want to check back with me on please do get in touch. Kind regards, Clare
Nice Modern Hotel
1 Mar 2017 by Clare- Guest Relations Manager
Hi Suz, Thanks so much for your review and your recommendation- I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully w will see you another time. Kind regards, Clare
9 Feb 2017 by Clare- Guest Relations Manager
Hi there, Thank you very much for reviewing your stay. I'm really glad you found our location ideal for visiting Dublin and having a chill out! Hopefully we will see you again another time. Regards, Clare
Excellent, relaxing stay
About the The Gibson HotelLocation Point Square, Dublin, Dublin
There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. You'll find a business centre on site. WiFi is free in public spaces. A fitness centre, tour or ticket assistance, and a BBQ are also featured at the eco-friendly The Gibson Hotel. Parking is available for a fee. This Art Deco Dublin hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 252 guestrooms or units
- 4 levels
- Built in 2010
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Business facilities
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- BBQ grill(s)
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- On-site shopping
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Soundproofed rooms
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Dublin (DUB) (11.8 km / 7.3 mi)
- Train station: Dublin Tara Street Station (1.9 km / 1.2 mi)
- Metro station: The Point Station (0.1 km / 0.1 mi)
- Parking: Self parking available for a surcharge
The Gibson Hotel offers 252 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with laptop-compatible safes and coffee/tea makers. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets and premium bedding. LCD televisions come with pay-per-view films. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Additionally, rooms include an iron/ironing board and blackout curtains. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- LCD television
- Premium channels
- Films for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Shower and tub combination
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Laptop safe
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Sound-insulated rooms
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
Guests can enjoy buffet breakfast for a fee.
Coda Eatery – On-site restaurant.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 25 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
This hotel will place pre- authorization payment prior arrival to secure your booking. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- No cots (infant beds) available
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 16 for adults and EUR 5 for children (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: EUR 14 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 25 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- gibson hotel Dublin
- gibson hotel
- gibson Dublin
- the gibson hotel an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
You should know
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Green Hospitality Programme, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.
Fáilte Ireland (The National Tourism Development Authority of Ireland) assigns an official star rating for accommodation in Ireland. This Hotel property is rated 4 stars.