Lisbon is the capital city of Portugal. The Lisbon Coast is the southern tip of Lisbon that lies adjacent to the Atlantic Ocean. The warm, year-round temperatures attract visitors from all over the world. It is home to many luxurious resorts, golf courses, casinos and racetracks. Locate hotels in Lisbon Coast at ebookers for the best deals.
Neighbourhoods in the Lisbon Coast
- Baixa is an area that runs from the Rossio down to the Tejo riverbank. The area was rebuilt after a massive earthquake in the 1700s, and now features elegant architecture. Visitors will find a variety of shops and restaurants to choose from. Hotels in the area include the Hotel Mundial, the Hotel Gat Rossio and the Hotel do Chiado.
- Chiado is a shopping and residential neighbourhood on the Lisbon Coast. It is home to many major chain stores, small boutiques and coffee nooks. Use ebookers to make reservations for a room at the Hotel Borges or the Baixa Brown Apartments.
- Sao Bento is located on the western coast of the Lisbon Coast. It is a small neighbourhood with antique shops, old bookstores and quaint restaurants. Hotels include the Hotel Convento dos Capuchos, Dom Afonso-Moncao and the Colon Tuy.
- Castelo is the oldest neighbourhood on the Lisbon Coast. It is home to the Lisbon Castle. It features narrow, winding streets and plenty of places to explore. Hotels in the area include the Quinto da Bouca d'Arques and the Casa Melo Alvim.
Things to See at the Lisbon Coast
- Beaches: The Praia do Guincho and Carcavelos beaches are perfect for those who love to surf. The Coasta da Caparica is an expansive beach area, which has a wide variety of luxury resorts.
- Estoril Casino: It is one of the most popular casinos in the area. It was the inspiration for James Bond's Casino Royale. The casino offers visitors a fun night at a luxury accommodation. Use ebookers to locate hotel deals in the area.
- Sightseeing Tours: The Lisbon Coast offers a variety of sightseeing tours for its visitors. Explore the Estoril Coast or the mountain regions of Sintra. Take a day trip of the Pena Palace or enjoy a walking tour of the Moorish Alfama quarter.
- Carcavelos Gypsy Market: Located near Carcavelos station, the gypsy market features a variety of fashion items and accessories. Visitors can purchase bargain items from the vendors.
- Adega da Tia Matilde: It features authentic cuisine of Portugal and is one of the more popular restaurants along the coast. Menu items include sheep's milk cheese and other items native to the region.
- O Policia: O Policia is one of the oldest and more popular restaurants in the region. It primarily features Portuguese dishes. It is located in the central portion of the Lisbon Coast.
- Olivier: The Olivier is another popular restaurant located near the historic district. It features a variety of Mediterranean and French cuisines. Visitors can locate one of the hotels in Lisbon Coast by visiting ebookers.