Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with LCD TVs, room service (during limited hours) and coffee/tea makers
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy drinks at the bar/lounge
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Amenities include free newspapers in the lobby, meeting rooms and multilingual staff
- Guests like the bar and restaurant
- Steps from York Castle Museum and Clifford's Tower
Holiday Inn York City Centre ratings based on 17 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Holiday Inn York City Centre
16 Dec 2018 by Lora ball
thank you for your comments rating on your recent stay at holiday inn York city centre. im sorry to see you found the bed small. The beds are a standard 4ft x 6ft, should you require a larger size we can reallocate durig your stay or request a king size
25 Nov 2018 by Lora B
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at holiday inn York city centre. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry to hear that our other guests were not as considerate to the needs of other guests. We will certainly look into training the reception team to managing this better in the future. I'm sorry to learn of your disappointment with the lift. Thank you for your comments regrading the customer service provided. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Nice hotel but not suitable if you’re looking for
29 Aug 2018 by yorkhi
Thank you for your feedback, I am disappointed to learn that you where not happy with your stay. The hotel is planning to install Air con in the next few months. We will look in to the feedback regarding the sofa bed springs.
City centre hotel
6 Mar 2018 by Norbert
Thank you for staying with us! We are really appreciate your feedback! Kind Regards Norbert
It was a room not an experience
13 Mar 2018 by Norbert
Thank you for staying with us. We much appreciate your feedback. Sorry to hear about your issue with a daily cleaning. We at Hotel 53 working hard to make every guest journey excellent. I do apologise if we didn't make it in your case! I we can do anything for you in the future, don't hesitate to ring or email us directly. Hope we can welcome you again in the near future. Kind Regards Norbert
8 Feb 2018 by Norbert
Thank you so much your feedback! Hope we could welcome back you soon!
Very handy location for exploring the city centre
23 Dec 2017 by Laura at hotel 53
Thank you for your wonderful review and comments regarding our location and rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to York. Kind regards Laura
18 May 2017 by Laura at hotel 53
Thank you for your review and comments. We do offer a limited access to wifi as well as a voucher code free of charge from reception .Our team is always happy to assist to ensure you can connect. Wifi does work in all bedrooms and public areas. Kind regards, Laura
About the Holiday Inn York City CentreLocation 53 Piccadilly, York, England YO1 9PL
As a guest of Holiday Inn York City Centre, you'll find multilingual staff, coffee/tea in common area, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Event space at this hotel measures 1292 square feet (120 square metres). Public spaces have free WiFi. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. The business-friendly Holiday Inn York City Centre also features dry cleaning/laundry services, room service (during limited hours), and a television in common area. This 3.5-star York hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 100 guestrooms or units
- 5 levels
- 1292 sq ft of conference space
- 120 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 2002
- Bar or lounge
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family property
- Free WiFi
- Free cots/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Airport: Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford) (51.5 km / 32 mi)
- Train station: York Station (2.1 km / 1.3 mi)
Holiday Inn York City Centre offers 100 forms of accommodation which are accessible via exterior corridors and feature coffee/tea makers and designer toiletries. LCD televisions are featured in guestrooms. Bathrooms include a shower, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered on a daily basis.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- LCD television
- Coffee maker
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Exterior corridor access
- Climate control
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 7 AM to 10:30 AM.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. No on-site parking is available. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
The sofa bed in the Family Room can accommodate up to 2 children 12 years of age and under (not suitable for adults). For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Additional policies and fees may apply when booking more than 6 rooms. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. No on-site parking is available. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed.
- Only service animals are allowed
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- Number of children who can stay for free – 2
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: GBP 30 per stay
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: GBP 13.95 per person (approximately)
- Nearby parking fee: GBP 12.00 per night
- Late check-out fee: GBP 20 (subject to availability)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- 53 Hotel
- 53 York
- Hotel 53
- Hotel 53 York
- 53 Hotel York
- Holiday Inn York City Centre Hotel
- Holiday York City Centre York
- Holiday Inn York City Centre York
- Holiday Inn York City Centre Hotel
- Holiday Inn York City Centre Hotel York
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.